Photo Oskari Raunio
The city of Hämeenlinna started vaccinating citizens against the coronavirus at the Verkatehdas Event Centre. Vaccinations at Verkatehdas began on February 18, 2021 and will end on November 27, 2021. Here you can find more information about the vaccinations at the Verkatehdas.
You can find more information about vaccinations also from the website of the city of Hämeenlinna. More information is also available at the website of the THL, the Finnish institute for health and welfare.
Coronavirus vaccination should be scheduled in advance. Residents of Hämeenlinna can make an appointment electronically at hameenlinna.terveytesi.fi or by calling 03 6219 893. The exception to this is walk-in vaccinations, which do not require an appointment in advance.
There is no need to make an appointment for walk-in vaccinations. The next walk-in vaccination event at Verkatehdas will be on November 27th. 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Vaccinations at Verkatehdas will end on November 27, 2021. Below are the remaining vaccination days:
- Thu 28.10. from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fri 29.10. from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sat 30.10. from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thu 4.11. from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fri 5.11. from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fri 12.11 from 9 am to 5.30 pm
- Sat 13.11 from 9 am to 5.30 pm
- Wed 17.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Thu 18.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Fri 19.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Sat 20.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Thu 25.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Fri 26.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm
- Sat 27.11 from 8 am to 5.30 pm (walk-in vaccinations)
Arrival for vaccinations
Verkatehdas is in the center of Hämeenlinna, at Paasikiventie 2, 13200 Hämeenlinna.
The parking spaces are limited. If possible, we recommend other arrival options instead of a car. You can find more information about the different options on the Getting here -page.
Please also note the following when arriving:
- On vaccination days, our parking area has traffic control.
- Parking on vaccination days in the parking area of Verkatehdas is free of charge.
- Please arrive inside the building about 5 minutes before the start of the vaccination period. This will ensure that the time spent at the vaccination centre is as short as possible to avoid extra contact.
- Arrival for vaccinations takes place through the main entrance of the Verkatehdas, which can be found on the lakeside of the building.
Action during vaccinations
Please note the following during vaccinations:
- Don’t arrive if you aren’t healthy.
- Come for vaccination only for the scheduled time (excluding walk-in vaccinations).
- Wear a face mask.
- Disinfect hands on arrival and departure.
- Maintain safety distances (2 m) while waiting for others.
- Bring a Kela card and bring it out while you wait.
- Dress so that your upper arm is easily exposed.
- Be prepared to remain under observation for 15 minutes after vaccination.